Recognize Success Through AEHIT’s Annual Awards Series
By: AEHIT Staff
AEHIT is pleased to announce its three annual awards are now open for nominations! The nomination period will run through July 12th and is open to all AEHIT members in good standing. AEHIT Foundation Partners are welcome to nominate a provider member organization through this process as well.
The three annual awards are:
- HIT Innovative Project of the Year
This award recognizes a healthcare delivery organization that has demonstrated value to its institution through an innovative application of technology in support of its organization’s strategic business objectives.
- Patient Digital Experience Project of the Year
This award recognizes a healthcare delivery organization that has made a foundational move towards enhancing the patient experience, in one or multiple aspects of the continuum of care, through the implementation of patient-facing technology that has gained measurable adoption and success.
- Agile Infrastructure/Application Development Project of the Year
This award recognizes a healthcare delivery organization that has made tremendous progress in designing and/or building an infrastructure or developing an application that has had tangible results for an institution, such as, but not limited to, enhanced clinical and physician satisfaction, improved patient safety/outcomes, or helped reduce cost to the organization.
Our online webform is simple and easy to complete, and we require two documents in addition to completing the online form. Those documents should be in PDF format, and are:
- Essay: Each nomination requires an essay describing the organizational or project success that merits each award. For the HIT Innovative Project of the Year award, tell us about your most innovative IT project that mapped to that strategic business initiative. For the Patient Digital Experience Project of the Year award, tell us about your most important IT project that mapped to the patient digital experience. For the Agile Infrastructure/Application Development Project of the Year award, tell us about your most important IT project which leveraged agile infrastructure/application development environments to deliver such solutions.
- References: As part of the evaluation process, AEHIT will contact up to three references for each submission. Please provide the name of your direct manager, one of your direct reports, and a professional reference.
Winners will be notified prior to the AEHIT Fall Summit and be recognized during the three-day event for their successes in healthcare IT. The AEHIT Fall Summit runs from November 3 – 6, concurrent with CHIME’s CIO Fall Forum, and will feature three days of keynote sessions, collaborative activities and informative education sessions for CTOs and other healthcare IT leaders. The AEHIT Awards ceremony will be held at a convenient time during the AEHIT Fall Summit should the winning organization be represented by a CHIME and AEHIT dual member, as to not interfere greatly with the CHIME CIO Fall Forum experience. For additional information on the awards criteria above and to submit your nomination, visit aehit.org/awards/.
In addition to the annual AEHIT Awards series, AEHIT will also open nominations over the summer for two new members of the AEHIT Board. If you are interested in serving in an advisory capacity, helping to grow and improve our association, board service is an excellent way to collaborate with other leaders, improve your leadership skills and give back to the industry. Board members serve three-year terms and have an opportunity to serve in a vice chair or chair role during their tenure. Look for more information regarding board nominations in June.
There are plenty of ways to get involved in AEHIT. As we grow and expand our association, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for engagement opportunities and association news, and look out for regular emails informing you of all the latest AEHIT has to offer. If you have any questions about your membership or how to get involved in AEHIT, AEHIT staff are happy to answer your questions and direct you to the right opportunity for you.
More AEHIT News Volume 3, No. 2:
- Healthcare Advocacy Highlights – Zach Donisch, Director, AEHIS, AEHIT, AEHIA Membership
- Organizational Leaders Membership Helps CIOs and CTOs Build High Performance Teams – Spenser Staebler, Specialist, Membership and Professional Development and Candace Stuart, Director, Communications and Public Relations
- Disaster Recovery Q&A with Cedars-Sinai CTO George Carion – Candace Stuart, Director, Communications and Public Relations
Looking to contribute to the AEHITechnology Newsletter? Email your contributions to [email protected].