What is a “Software Defined Data Center” and Why is it So Important to Healthcare Organizations?
There’s a lot of discussion and buzz around building a “Software Defined Data Center” (SDDC) these days. But, what does it REALLY mean to be “Software Defined?” And, why are more and more of the leading healthcare organizations across the nation taking this approach? Join Michael Feld, Interim CTO of Baystate Health, to hear how he pioneered the “Software Defined” concept within his organization. He’ll share how Baystate Health was able to achieve greater security, agility and ability to control costs.
- Discuss what a “Software Defined Data Center” truly means, and specifically for healthcare IT organizations
- Explain Baystate Health’s SDDC approach
- Analyze the results of the model, which includes enhanced user experience while controlling costs and streamlining administration
- Describe what micro-segmentation is and how it can simplify and improve your network security
- Discuss the notion that improved security doesn’t need to impact convenience and availability
Start Date: 03/16/2016
Event Type: AEHIT LIVE Webinar , Archived
Michael Feld, CTO, Baystate Health
Bill Hudson, Chief Healthcare Strategist, VMware